What We're Doing To Protect You & Your Family
At Jamie’s Whaling Station, we are committed to not only giving you the most enjoyable tour but also the safest experience regarding Covid-19. We have put together extensive Covid-19 Policies & Procedures to keep you and our staff safe throughout your entire experience. These policies & procedures continue to evolve based on the guidance of public health authorities including the Government of Canada, the Province of British Columbia, Transport Canada, & WorkSafe BC.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
All guests & staff are required to wear face coverings throughout our entire property including outdoor spaces (parking lots, docks) & throughout the tour experience.
All guests are asked to maintain a 6-feet/2-metre distance between all staff and other guests when possible. Interior space will be limited in our offices and on some of our vessels. Please dress in layers and be prepared to have to wait in a queue to check-in for your tour and also to be outside during your tour.
Cleaning, Sanitizing, & Disinfecting
Our crew constantly clean all high-touch surfaces throughout the day in both our offices and on our vessels throughout the tours. All Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs) will be disinfected after every use.
Hand sanitizer will be available throughout your tour experience in all offices and on all vessels.
All guests will be required to conduct a wellness check upon checking-in for their tour. You will be asked the following questions when arriving at our offices:
- Has anyone in your party had a fever, a cough, or shortness of breath?
- Has anyone in your party come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has been ordered to self-isolate in the past 14 days?
- Have you or has anyone in your household returned from travel outside of Canada (including USA) in the past 14 days?
All guests will also be required to have a temperature reading when checking in for their tour.
All employees are required to understand and sign our one-time health declaration that declares that they:
- Do not have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- They have not come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has been ordered to self-isolate in the past 14 days
- They have not returned from travel outside of Canada (including USA) in the past 14 days
All staff will also be required to have a temperature reading upon checking in for work at the beginning of their workday.
We have updated several of our check-in processes to make your check-in experiences both quicker and safer. Our reservations system allows guests to pay for their tours in advance. In addition, guests will also be able to fill out their required waiver forms prior to arrival or on their own devices when checking in for a tour.
At this time, Jamie’s is only going to be offering private tours for guests travelling in their household bubbles. If you wish to take a tour with your bubble only, we’re happy to offer you that option. Call us directly at 250-725-3919 in Tofino or 250-726-7444 in Ucluelet to book your private tour. Please contact us at least 24-hours prior to your desired departure time.
Service Specific Notes
Due to Covid-19, there will be some minor changes to your experience with Jamie’s. These include:
- Removal of coffee & tea service in our offices and on our larger vessels
- Removal of some educational items from some vessels
- Washroom use will be permitted in our offices and on our larger vessels. Washrooms on our vessels will only be accessible by asking a crew member for use. All washrooms are cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected frequently.
- Blankets will not be available on our large vessels, so please dress warmly.
- We ask that you do not bring any food on board during your tour as this requires a prolonged period of time of not wearing your mask. Feel free to bring a bottle of water but only have a drink if you are 6-feet/2-metres from other guests.
- The retail merchandise sections of our offices will be reduced in size and we ask that guests refrain from touching items unless they plan to purchase.
- In Tofino, once guests have checked in for their tour, they will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle prior to the boarding time.
For the safety & wellbeing of every guest, should you begin to feel ill we ask that you do not check-in for your tour at our offices. Instead, please contact our offices (Tofino: 250-725-3919/Ucluelet: 250-726-7444). Our team will fully refund your purchase. We ask that you let us know as soon as possible for any reservation changes.