Explore areas of Clayoquot Sound that can only be accessed by sea kayak on a fully guided tour of Tofino’s inlet waters with Paddle West Kayaking.
Clayoquot Sound: Viva Las Vargas! Kayaking Tour
Enjoy approximately 4-5 hours on the water and 1-2 hours on land
- Adult Ages 5+
Enjoy a spectacular day of sea kayaking in Clayoquot Sound, a designated United Nations World Biosphere Reserve
Ride the tide out to Vargas Island, West of Tofino. This tour offers a taste of real West Coast paddling, open coastal views, short crossings between islands, rugged shoreline and sandy beaches. On this tour we paddle due west away from bustling Tofino harbour, island hopping along the way out to Vargas Island. Paddle your kayak next to the rugged and sandy shores of Vargas Island looking for wildlife along the way. This tour includes a rest stop on a beautiful sandy beach. Viva Las Vargas!
All tours are fully guided by professional certified sea kayak guides.
- Suitable to more experienced paddlers or those confident in their ability to paddle for up to 5 hours
- 4 passenger minimum to confirm tours
- All passengers must be 5 years or older
- Waterproof dry bag
- All necessary paddling and safety equipment
It is not necessary to bring a backpack with you. Anything that needs to stay dry can be packed into a dry bag. Backpacks can be accommodated and will be stored in a water-tight hatch that cannot be accessed while on the water.
- Water, snacks, camera
Please do not bring any valuable items you do not want to be a possible sacrifice to the ocean
- Light layer, warm layer, and rain jacket (or windbreaker)
- Jeans and cotton clothing are NOT recommended. Synthetic and natural fibres that do not lose insulation when wet (ex. Merino wool and fleece) or other quick-dry materials are recommended.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses
- Due to the glare of the water it is important to bring sun protection
- 6-hour tours: any comfortable footwear (sneakers, running shoes, sandals, etc)
- Snack, camera, water
- We recommend bringing a light snack (granola bar, piece of fruit, trail mix, etc) and highly recommend something more filling to refuel with on the 6-hour tours.
-There is a 24-hour cancellation and rebooking policy for kayak day tours. For groups larger than 6 people, there is a 48-hour cancellation and rebooking policy.
– For cancellations within 24hrs, 100% of the booking will be charged.
– For rebookings within 24hrs to a later time or date, there is a $20/person fee. Rebooking a tour is dependent on tour availability, if there are no availabilities that fit your schedule and you cannot make your original tour time, the cancellation policy is in effect.
-All cancellations or changes to bookings outside of 24 hours from departure will receive a full refund.
-Any cancellations that are made by Paddle West Kayaking due to inclement conditions will receive a full refund or be re-booked on another available date at no charge.