Tofino Clayoquot Sound: Lemmens Inlet Kayaking Tour
Enjoy approximately 4-5 hours on the water and 1-2 hours on land
- Person Ages 5+
Enjoy a spectacular day of sea kayaking in Clayoquot Sound, a designated United Nations World Biosphere Reserve
Ride the tide deep into Lemmens Inlet: This Kayak Tour is the best way to escape the busyness of town and give yourself more time to soak in the beauty that surrounds you. Lemmens Inlet offers the most protected conditions for kayaking close to Tofino. Travel in calm waters right next to towering old growth forested mountains. Glide through small islands, and over shallow tidal flats, while quietly searching for wildlife. This tour includes a stop on a rocky outcropping next to the water to enjoy a rest and stretch your legs. Sometimes the guide will include a small forest hike if the conditions are appropriate.
All tours are fully guided by professional certified sea kayak guides.
- Suitable to more experienced paddlers or those confident in their ability to paddle for up to 5 hours
- 4 passenger minimum to confirm tours
- All passengers must be 5 years or older
- Waterproof dry bag
- All necessary paddling and safety equipment
It is not necessary to bring a backpack with you. Anything that needs to stay dry can be packed into a dry bag. Backpacks can be accommodated and will be stored in a water-tight hatch that cannot be accessed while on the water.
- Water, snacks, camera
Please do not bring any valuable items you do not want to be a possible sacrifice to the ocean
- Light layer, warm layer, and rain jacket (or windbreaker)
- Jeans and cotton clothing are NOT recommended. Synthetic and natural fibres that do not lose insulation when wet (ex. Merino wool and fleece) or other quick-dry materials are recommended.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses
- Due to the glare of the water it is important to bring sun protection
- 6-hour tours: any comfortable footwear (sneakers, running shoes, sandals, etc)
- Snack, camera, water
- We recommend bringing a light snack (granola bar, piece of fruit, trail mix, etc) and highly recommend something more filling to refuel with on the 6-hour tours.
- Water, snacks, camera
-There is a 24-hour cancellation and rebooking policy for kayak day tours. For groups larger than 6 people, there is a 48-hour cancellation and rebooking policy.
– For cancellations within 24hrs, 100% of the booking will be charged.
– For rebookings within 24hrs to a later time or date, there is a $20/person fee. Rebooking a tour is dependent on tour availability, if there are no availabilities that fit your schedule and you cannot make your original tour time, the cancellation policy is in effect.
-All cancellations or changes to bookings outside of 24 hours from departure will receive a full refund.
-Any cancellations that are made by Paddle West Kayaking due to inclement conditions will receive a full refund or be re-booked on another available date at no charge.