For those wanting to watch the majestic whales in their natural environment from the protection of a large cruiser vessel; the MV LUKWA is a great choice!
We started offering Whale Watching tours back in 1982! Since then we've collected loads of experience on finding these giants based on common feeding grounds, travel patterns, and seasonal behaviours. Join us for an amazing experience in search of incredible creatures, and unforgetable views.
Enjoy the scenic views along the wild coastline of Clayoquot Sound on our way to common feeding areas of whales, near Flores Island or Long Beach. Learn about the area’s fascinating ecosystems with our engaging naturalists while experiencing first-hand the inherent characteristics of whales including spouting, feeding, spy-hopping and breaching! With opportunities to view loads of wildlife, including Sea Lions, Sea Otters, Eagles, birds - both inshore and pelagic, this tour offers something for the wildlife lover.
Featuring indoor and outdoor seating you can enjoy great views from all decks. The Lukwa is Transport Canada certified and cruises through the pristine waters of Clayoquot Sound. This steady and comfortable tour is a great option for everyone, including families, larger groups and photographers!
We offer complimentary coffee and tea on board as well as blankets to keep you warm and cozy. The Lukwa offers a great experience for the entire family.
- Indoor heated seating
- Outdoor open seating
- Complimentary coffee and tea available on-board, or in the office
- Full commentary by captain and naturalists
- Fully licensed, well-trained crew
- CSI - Transport Canada Certified Vessels
- approximately 3 hour trip duration (depending on sightings, weather, skipper discretion, and other factors)
- Occasionally we depart aboard a smaller 12 passenger cabin cruiser vessel, depending on passenger numbers. These smaller vessels offer indoor seating and outdoor viewing decks, an onboard toilet, and coffee and tea available before or after the tour in our check-in office.
- $109.00 - Adult
- $99.00 - Senior(65+)/Student(19+)/Youth(13-18)
- $79.00 - Child(4-12)
- FREE - Infant(0-3)
*Prices do not include tax (5% GST), and fees.
*Read about our raincheck guarantee
*Read our cancellation policy